Linen Hudson Pants


 

I can hardly say enough good things about these linen joggers. I just LOVE them and have been wearing them nonstop since they came off the sewing machine!

I used the True Bias Hudson Pants patterns and sized up two sizes to compensate for the woven fabric. I already owned this pattern in tissue, which I had cut out in my size to make my first pair of French terry joggers. You should have seen me trying to add back in the additional two sizes while cutting out the pants - actually you can see a reel on my Instagram account. Its kind of hilarious in retrospect, even if it wasn't too funny at the time!

I also increased the ankle cuff pattern pieces to 12" x 5" so I could fit my foot through the opening and use the same two inch elastic I used in the waistband. If I make woven joggers with this pattern again I would increase the length to about 14", allowing putting my foot through the opening a bit easier.



I used a shoelace purchased from Amazon for the drawstring and, since I wanted to make this a "luxe" look I splurged on gold aglets for the tips of the laces. I love how the coarse texture of the linen contrasts with the polished drawstring details.


To complete the look I traced off my favorite Athleta top and tried to recreate it with a complementing bamboo. I think the bamboo was just too heavy and this top feels too big, not to mention the hems on the body and sleeves aren't particularly pretty even though I used stabilizer. I may turn it inside out and pin out some of the excess material to try to salvage it because I'm not loving it right now.


Eversewn generously donated the sewing tools I used to make this "luxe for less" look. Thank you Eversewn! I love my new linen joggers, and am working on loving the top.

Patterns: True Bias Hudson Pant, Athleta dupe t-shirt
Size: 8 Hudson Pant
Time: Both garments were surprisingly fast sews, I would estimate I spent about 6 hours creating the whole look.

Cost to Make:
pattern - previously owned the Hudson Pant pattern ($18.50 value) and created the t-shirt pattern using my favorite Athleta t-shirt ($54.00 value)
fabric - $19.50 for 1 1/2 yards linen, $24.50 for bamboo yardage
elastic - $9.00 for 2" soft waisband elastic from JoAnn
shoelace and aglets - $7.00 for set of 55" shoelaces and $9.00 for 4 gold aglets
thread and stay tape from stash
TOTAL: $69 for the both pieces, a $141.50 value
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]