Halifax Hudson Lounge Set


As a fairly new stay-at-home mom I'm finding new wholes in my wardrobe that I didn't have in my professional wardrobe. These days I need outfits that make me look and feel put together while also being very flexible and easy to wash. In January I decided to make myself a lounge set in my colors, which I had done for a Christmas gift.

The first and most obvious hole in my wardrobe was my lack of joggers. I had seen a variety of other sewists make the Hudson Pants and knew I wanted to give them a try. I decided to use a pattern I already owned, the Halifax Hoodie, for the top of my lounge set because I had made it once before and loved it. I was thrilled to find this gorgeous See You at Six Ponderosa French terry and coordinating ribbed knit on June and Lu Fabric's site and knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I made a straight size four in the Hudson Pants. The pattern calls for two inch elastic, but I used the one and a half inch elastic I could more easily source. This was a mistake I will not make again as I barely had enough room to sew the two channels for the drawstring. I'm glad the drawstring is functional on these joggers because, even though I measured, my elastic isn't quite tight enough. These were a quick and easy make, when baby girl let me set her down, and I was thrilled with how the ribbed knit enhanced the finished product. I will certainly be making more of these. And my husband liked them so much he has asked for his own pair!

I made the same version of the Halifax Hoodie that I had previously made, view D with the cowl neck. I really like this version because it gives me a bit more visual interest up top where I could use it. The French terry of the cowl lays very nicely and I would make this version again. I shortened the sleeves by two inches and they fit nicely, but I might only shorten them by an inch in the future. I wish I had also shortened the body of the sweater since I'm so short and to better highlight the waistband of the joggers. I did run out of ribbed knit and ended up only having enough for the back waistband of the sweater. I don't mind that little detail, although I wish I had sewn the ribbed portion to the front of the sweater. I used shoelaces for both drawstrings.



Time estimate: 1 hours to cut each pattern, 3 hours to sew each pattern for a total of about 8 hours to make this lounge set
Size: small Halifax Hoodie, 4 Hudson Pant
Fabric used: See You at Six Ponderosa Green French Terry (3 yards) and coordinating ribbed knit (1/2 yard, but needed more)
Care instructions: machine wash, cool, hang to dry

Cost to Make:
Hudson Pant pattern - $18.50
Halifax Hoodie pattern - previously owned
Fabric - $66 for the French terry, $11.50 for the ribbed knit
Elastic - $5 (purchased extra yardage)
Shoelaces - $14 (purchased two sizes)
*thread from my stash
TOTAL: $115
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]