Baby A’s Easter Dress



I made the Little Lizard King's Monet for Baby A's first Easter dress because the shape closely resembles my new Essex Dress. I absolutely love how it turned out; she on the other hand could deal with less ruffles so close to her face. Ha!

This dress was a fairly simple sew and the cotton was a breeze to work with. I changed the top sleeve ruffle layer slightly by adding a seam in the middle to compensate for the directional print. Top stitching the ruffle sleeves down was a bit bulky and didn't look as crisp as I usually prefer although I don't notice that once Baby's in the dress.

I made a "hand stitch" boarder on the front bodice piece with my new Pfaff Expression 710. I was able to taper the stitch to 30 degrees at the corners and really like the delicate detail of the tone-on-tone stitches.


Three glass buttons up the back finish the dress and don't detract from the fabric or compete with the pattern details. However, the back placket on the skirt is my least favorite part of the dress. I found it hard to make the placket lay flat without a pucker at the bottom pivot point. Thankfully the skirt is gathered and hides this little imperfection.


Pattern: Little Lizard King Monet
Size: 12m
Time: Estimated 3-5 hours (who can tell with the interruptions of sewing around nap time?!)

Cost to Make:
pattern - $9.50
fabric - $16.00 (purchased on discount)
buttons and thread from my stash
TOTAL: $25.50
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]