#2018MakeNine



The prospect of starting a sewing blog can seem a little daunting at times, which is why I was excited to learn about the #2018MakeNine "gentle challenge for makers." Being intentional about nine items I would like to make this year seems like a very achievable goal while also leaving room for a few spontaneous projects.

Already in January I have made a fitted knit dress and leggings, both of which were on my list.



The additional pieces I want to make are all things I've been looking for in stores and haven't been able to find the right size, fit, or color. Time to warm up my sewing machine!

I'm looking at this pattern as an option for a brown long sleeve t-shirt, but would welcome any tips on patterns that may be a bit more fitted.


Every well-rounded wardrobe needs a classic white button-up shirt. My RTW white button-up has seen better days and needs to be replaced. If I can perfect the fit of this pattern I would also like to make flannel and gingham shirts.


I would love to make a Blackwood Cardigan to round out my work wardrobe. I can see this in so many neutral colors, I may choose a few!


An additional sweater I've been dreaming about for years is a ballerina style wrap sweater. This pattern is the cutest one I've found.


I would like to add a colored blazer to the neutral blazers I already own, although I think this will be one of my more challenging 2018 projects.


I may not need a pattern, but I would like to add a black A-Line skirt and fun printed maxi skirt to my wardrobe this summer. These basics would help me mix and match many more outfits.


Lastly, I'd like to try making underwear. This free pattern looks like a great option.


Are you planning to participate in #2018MakeNine? What will you be making?

QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]