Nursing Tulip Tee



Many generous friends shared their maternity wardrobes with me and it was a huge blessing! I sewed a few maternity items I wanted, but didn't need to make a lot of new garments. However, many of those same friends are still nursing and not ready to part with their nursing tops so I need to make a few nursing friendly options for myself.


Thankfully I had the Patterns for Pirates Tulip Tee in my collection, which comes with a nursing option. Having made this Tulip Tee once before it was straightforward to make, even with the additional modesty layer below the tulip "petals." I used a fusible knit stay tape to achieve the best possible hem along the bottom and sides of the top panels and love the final result. I didn't make any changes to the pattern and can certainly see a few additional versions making their way into my nursing wardrobe.

Click here to see my first version of the Tulip Tee, in a sparkling blush sweatshirt fleece from Minerva.

Pattern: Patterns for Pirates Tulip Tee
Size: small
Fabric: black knit blend, originally from JoAnn
Time: 4-5 hours

Cost to Make:
pattern - previously owned
fabric, stay tape and thread - from stash
TOTAL: FREE
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]