Veronika Circle Skirt



I've wanted a black circle skirt for far too long. It is such a classic wardrobe staple and, simply, fun to wear! After grabbing a stack of stable knits from JoAnn I was set to make some new bottoms for the autumn of 2018. You heard me right, I started this skirt in 2018!

I was trucking right along, following all the pattern instructions, when I realized that I although I liked the functionality of the front patch pockets, I thought they looked like appliqued oven mitts on the front of my skirt... Sadly, I had already sewed them into the side and zipper seams as well as the waistband. I was so overwhelmed with the amount of unpicking I would need to do the whole project got set to the side.

My 2020 sewing goal is to only make garments that I already own the fabric and/or pattern for, and finishing an unfinished projects fits that bill perfectly. Thankfully #thegreatmodulesewalong came along and gave me the inspiration I needed to finish this skirt. It is one of the two bottoms in my module, which you'll be able to see at the end of the month. So stay tuned!


There are numerous blogs and vlogs online designed to help anyone make a circle skirt from scratch. I liked using the Veronika circle skirt because, in addition to being free when I signed up for Megan Nielsen Pattern's e-newsletter, it also gave me something concrete to use for a pattern. I inserted an invisible zipper, although I could have probably gone with an elastic waistband instead. I'm currently enjoying this longer length and can also shorten it later if I'd like.


Time estimate: 8-10 hours
Size: small
Fabric used: 2 yards solid refined ponte knit fabric black, 50% stretch
Care instructions: machine wash cold, line dry

Cost to make
Pattern: Veronika circle skirt, FREE
Printing and shipping: $4
Fabric: $28, JoAnn
Stabilizer: $3
Zipper: $2
*used thread, hook and eye from my stash
TOTAL: $37
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]