2019 Review and 2020 Plans



This year I made a goal to sew nine specific items in a #MakeNine format. I planned to make:



I only made three of the items I originally intended to make. I wish I had prioritized making a few more of these pieces and will try to make most of the remaining pieces in 2020, although the Morris Blazer isn't the style I'm currently looking for in a blazer and I don't want to take on a project that demanding right now. I'm not sure how I got distracted from my #MakeNine goals, except for finding patterns I liked better or wanted to round out my wardrobe. I find that I don't wear the Moneta Dress much, but get a lot of wear out of my Pussy Bow Blouse and Ogden Cami.

I also prioritized making a few replicas of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's best looks and have the patterns and fabric for one additional replica. I think these makes were some of my favorite and brought me the most joy. I will certainly be making more duchess look-a-likes.


After two full years of blogging my sewing makes I can see a measured improvement in my sewing skills and I have a much better understanding of my personal style. I have also learned that I prefer to have a bit more freedom in my sewing and do not plan to make a traditional #MakeNine plan this year.

I would like to start my 2020 sewing by focusing on patterns and fabric I already own, really like, and want to have the opportunity to wear. 2020 is the year of sewing my fabric and pattern stash! What are your 2020 sewing goals?
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]