Ogden Ida Swap 2019



I've had my eyes on the ogden cami pattern for well over a year now and added it to my 2019 Make Nine list hoping to inspire myself to finally get around to making it. Well, I haven't made many of my 2019 Make Nine sewing projects, but found this summer's Ogden Ida Swap to be just the inspiration I needed (with a deadline and a partner depending on me) to make the ogden cami!


I found this gorgeous rayon fabric on sale at JoAnn early in July. I knew this fabric would be a perfect match for the ogden cami as soon as I saw it and the colors would compliment most things in my wardrobe. I had to have it!

I purchased two yards of the fabric in order to make an ogden cami for myself as well as my swap partner. I used a simple black cotton blend from my stash for the lining to conserve as much of the fashion fabric as possible.


This pattern was very straightforward and satisfying to make. I sewed our ogden camis using French seams, which added a bit more time but was well worth it. French seams create a very professional looking finish and one I was happy to share with another sewist.


My husband and I recently traveled to South Korea and I was able to pack both the ogden cami I made for myself as well as the one I received in the swap. I was glad to have such easy and lightweight blouses with me; Korea was HOT!


Amy, of Amy Nicole Studio, made the floral ogden cami picture above for me and I couldn't be more happy to have received it. First, you know I love all things floral. Second, all those colors make this cami "go" with everything. Thank you for making such a beautiful garment for me Amy.

Amy's version is fully lined and used a rolled hem. I think I'll take a few hints from her when I make my next ogden cami. And rest assured, there will be more!

Time estimate: 6 hours (to batch sew 2 ogden camis)
Size: 4
Fabric used: 2 yards, 100% rayon purchased from JoAnn and 1/2 yard cotton blend from my stash
Care instructions: machine wash cold, gentle cycle; line dry

Cost to make two ogden camis:
pattern: $8.50 (plus marginal printing costs)
rayon fabric: $12
*used thread from my stash
TOTAL: $20.50, or $10.25/cami plus shipping costs for one cami
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]