Joey Tank - Pattern Test



I recently had the privilege of testing the Joey tank by Made Again Patterns. I love the mission of this company; Jessica designs her patterns with refashioning in mind. I have been recycling fabric since I was a 4-Her and love that Made Again gives a bit of structure to beginning refashioners.


All of the fabric and the thread that I used for this project were sourced from ReCraft Indy, a secondhand store for craft and hobby supplies with a focus on sustainability and environmentalism. And the button was an extra from a RTW sweater that was long since moved on from my closet.


I made my own bias tape for this pattern, sewing together pieces of what I think were once quilting scrapes. It was fun and didn't effect the appearance of the final product in any significant way since I positioned the joining seams at the same location on each arm.

I also appreciate that measuring the length needed for shoulder straps was included in the pattern instructions. Nothing is worse than constantly having to yank your straps back up all day!


This pattern is geared toward an "advanced beginner" and it was a fun weekend sew I would recommend to anyone looking for an easy, breezy summer tank. Just imagine all the refashioning possibilities!



Time estimate: 4 hours
Size: Small
Fabric used: cotton, unsure of specific!
Care instructions: cold water wash, line dry (just to be safe)
Cost: $3 estimated
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]