Floral Avery Leggings



I can't count the number of RTW leggings I've been through trying to find the perfect pair. They're usually too shear and almost always walk down my legs. It was time to try making a pair of leggings so I was thrilled when Helen's Closet had a sale on the Avery Leggings PDF Pattern last month and I bought the .pdf pattern right away. Plus how cute is this floral knit print from JoAnn?! I just had to have it after I saw it.



I made View A with a low rise waist, ankle length in a size small and still hemmed the length a bit extra. This pattern was quick and easy to assemble and the leggings were a breeze to whip up. However, when I make them again next time I will size up. This pair turned out a bit too tight throughout my thighs and waist and I ended up not even needing the elastic in the waistband. I have always envied my girlfriends' vibrant printed leggings and finally have a super soft pair for myself. And they're so comfy to travel in. I can't wait to make another pair!



Time estimate: 2-4 hours
Size: small
Material used: knit print, 97% rayon and 3% spandex
Care instructions: machine wash cold, gentle cycle, line dry, cool iron as needed

Cost to make leggings:
pattern - $12.00
fabric - $15.75
*thread from my stash
TOTAL: $27.75 plus tax
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]