Summer White Tennis Set


 


This year I've been subscribing to The Everyday Style School's seasonal capsule wardrobes and, paired with sewing exclusively in "my colors," I've been loving my makes! One trend I've been noticing this season is white tennis dresses/outfits and pairing the GreenStyle Creations Aria Twist Top and Rally Skirt, in my true white, was my answer to this trend. For fabric I used two yards of The Fabric Fairy's Carbon White Bi-Layer Poly Lycra Tricot.


I'm not much of a tennis player, but I'm looking forward to the ability to mix and match these pieces, most likely wearing the top for yoga and the skirt to play golf. Due to the bi-layer nature of the fabric this tricot is highly wicking while still being structured and opaque, making me confident in my choice to use white. I appreciate that the skirt comes with both briefs and shorts options. I know I'll enjoy the addition of the pockets offered in the shorts view!


I made size "E" for both patterns, using the shorter top with the racer back and the 3/4 circle skirt in the shortest length. I think I'll get the most wear out of the skirt and would be more likely to make that pattern again in the future. If I were to make the top again I would size down to a "D" and would try to add a shelf bra or cups.

The second adjustment I would make if I were making this set again would be to use a zigzag stitch at the top of the skirt waistband. I made the mistake of using a triple straight stitch at top of waistband and, while it does stretch, I have a difficult time getting the skirt on and off. I've made this same mistake with leggings in the past - when will I learn?!

Both patterns were quick and easy to make and the fabric was a breeze to work with. By the end of the first night wearing the set I had avocado on both pieces (thanks Baby A!) but I'm happy to report they laundered well and I have a perfectly white set again. I love this addition to my summer capsule.


Patterns: GreenStyle Creations Aria Twist Top and Rally Skirt
Size: E, both patterns
Time: Both garments were quick sews and I would estimate I spent about 5 hours on them both including printing and taping the pattern and cutting everything out

Cost to Make:
patterns - $15.50 (purchased on sale) plus printing costs
fabric - $25 plus shipping (value)
*thread from my stash
TOTAL VALUE: $40.50+

I recently joined The Fabric Fairy's promotional team and was gifted this fabric. But rest assured I love it and would purchase it again on my own!
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]