Fern Top - Pattern Test



I was recently offered the opportunity to test a second pattern, the fern top, for Pattern Scout Studio. This pattern was truly a joy to sew. It was quick to cut and sew and is easy to pull on and wear, a fun sew for any skill level. 

One of the greatest parts about this pattern is that it comes with multiple cup sizes, allowing it to both fit well and simply pull on over your head. I made view b, with a straight skirt, and made no adjustments. In the future I will probably make other versions with a bias binding neck band and will also add at least an inch to the length of the skirt. I'm 5' so you may want to think about adding a bit of length too! I think this would also be a great top to try French seams on.




Thanks for having me test the fern top Casey!

Time estimate: 3-5 hours
Size: 6
Fabric used: poly blend from my stash, 1 1/4 yards
Care instructions: cold water wash, tumble dry low

Cost to make fern top:
pattern - $14.00 value
fabric - from my stash
thread - from my stash
TOTAL: $14.00+ value

This pattern was gifted to me in return for testing it for its release.
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]