Sheona Dress with Pockets



I love my new Sheona dress and as a bonus, it has pockets! You can read my full tutorial and get the FREE pocket pattern piece on the AK Patterns blog here.

The Sheona has simple style lines and allows me to prominently feature fabric I love. I was careful with the floral pattern placement and really like how it appears to be climbing up the sides of my dress.

I did make a few adjustments to the pattern to get the best fit for my body shape, bringing the waist in an inch on both the front and back pattern pieces and using a French curve to grade out about 3 inches above and 4 inches below my waist. One additional adjustment I would make in the future is to add a bit more ease to the hips.

You can read all the details on how I added pockets to my Sheona dress on the AK Patterns blog here.

Pattern: Sheona Dress with 3/4 length sleeves
Size: 8
Fabric used: Liverpool polyester knit
Time estimate: 4 hours, with fit adjustments

Cost to Make:
pattern - $10 estimated value
pattern printing - $2 estimated value
fabric - $13
thread - $5
TOTAL: $30 value

This pattern was gifted to me in return for a blog post and all opinions are my own. I do truly love my new dress!
QuickEdit
Marissa
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Marissa] [img=//4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZLYzJMG34Y/XiU1zvVCSSI/AAAAAAAARmg/Fom6rY8JYb4c5J4_WgJ0cOTlrVOsq1nFgCK4BGAYYCw/s355/NielsenFamily19Final-11%2B%25282%2529.jpg] [description=Hi, I'm Marissa, a hobby seamstress. Thanks for joining me on my journey as I create a handmade wardrobe. Like and follow via the social media links below to see my newest makes!] [(instagram=https://www.instagram.com/sew_help_me)] [(facebook=https://www.facebook.com/SewHelpMebyMarissa)] [(bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sew-help-me-19274771)]